VPN stands for Virtual Private Network and it often used to add more security and privacy to the public and private networks. VPN can have commonly used to access the region restricted websites. The VPN also has good solution to protect your private browsing and also it is completely protect from firewall and hackers. Nowadays, the government and private organization is most often used to protect the sensitive data. If you installed the VPN software in your personal PC or laptop, you can access the files on their office or home computer system at anytime and anywhere with full protections.
Advantages of using VPN
- VPN is easily hides your real IP address, so no one can track your IP address
- VPN is available free version its supports Windows, MAC and all mobile devices
- Restricted websites can easily have accessed by VPN
- VPN is encrypting the online connections and protecting data from hackers
- VPN is a more secure and no one can able to hack your system or device
- In addition, the VPN is performing secured internet infrastructures to move secure data from the other network, the data loss and hacking is impossible while switch on VPN
- It has used to simplify the network topology and its provide the global networking opportunity to the secured system
- VPN has supported to broadband networking compatibility and its perform faster ROI than traditional WAN
- The VPN performance is wider in banking domain such as improves productivity and security, extends geographical connectivity, reduces the operational costs compared to traditional WAN etc.,
- You can secure your data while using public Wi-Fi
How to Install the VPN on PC
Here are simple steps to install the VPN in PC that includes:
- To Add a VPN connection, do the following steps:
- For VPN provider, select Windows
- In Connection Name box, type a name you will recognize. This is a VPN connection name that you will look for while connecting.
- In the Server name or address box, type the address for a VPN server.
- For VPN type, select the type of VPN connection that you wish to create. You will also require knowing, which type of VPN connection your company or VPN service utilizes.
- For Type of sign-in info, select the type of sign-in info to use. This may be a username and password, certificate, one-time password or a smart card, if you are connecting to a VPN for work. Then, type your username and password in the certain fields, if needed.
2. Now, you choose save button.
3. If you want to edit VPN connection information or specify the additional settings such as proxy settings, you can select the VPN connection and then choose advanced options.
However, once it gets connected, the VPN connection name will display as Connected beneath it and it shows many location options and choose any one location. To see if you are connected to VPN while doing things on your PC, choose a Network icon.